Sundays in My City

February 28, 2010

I have not yet participated in Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City weekly feature that I so enjoy on her blog. (Actually, I love all her weekly features: the I Comment Therefore I am on Mondays and the Fragmented Fridays) I thought I’d give it a go this Sunday, seeing how I need a good excuse to show off my “AWESOME” (Notice the quote fingers?) photography skills.

Unknown Mami

Disclaimer: These were not taken on a Sunday (as you could see my son was heading to school…) nor in a city (as clearly as the day it was taken we live in a very suburban suburb… I need to learn to not apologize for it…)

snow covered ash Sundays in My City

sorry no school day Sundays in My City

subdivision 600x345 Sundays in My City

• Share/Bookmark

Related posts:

1. My first picture taken inside the Forbidden City is a sign that warns against vandalism Mind you, the grammar is correct.  But nobody speaks...

Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

March 1, 2010 at 9:09 am

Oooh! I’m cold just looking at those pictures! Love the tree!
TheKitchenWitch´s last blog…Neighbor Friday: Bon Appetit Hon My ComLuv Profile

Robin March 1, 2010 at 9:41 am

That last shot is beautiful. I should try this Sundays in My City someday.
Robin´s last blog…Shutter Island My ComLuv Profile

Unknown Mami March 1, 2010 at 9:53 am

I’m doing a happy dance over here! I love these pictures. My favorite is the second one. It’s beautiful, but I do not envy you.
Unknown Mami´s last blog…I Comment Therefore I Am My ComLuv Profile

Elly Lou March 1, 2010 at 11:15 am

Boo. Hiss.

Not you, of course my love – I mean the snow!
Elly Lou´s last blog…Vajazzling (and the Other Weird Things People Send Me) My ComLuv Profile

Linda from Bar Mitzvahzilla March 1, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Love the pictures. Of course, I’m in Arizona so I’m a complete idiot when it comes to snow, getting all sentimental about my Chicago childhood.
Linda from Bar Mitzvahzilla´s last blog…The Merchant of Phoenix My ComLuv Profile

secret agent woman March 1, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Really beautiful. Too cold, though – hope you get a thaw soon!
secret agent woman´s last blog…"I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine." My ComLuv Profile

Amber March 1, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Ugh. I hate snow. The only redeeming quality of that white fluff is how beautiful it makes everything look. Otherwise? Take a hike, wet stuff.
Amber´s last blog…10 Things You Don’t Know About Me: The Queen’s Name My ComLuv Profile

Nuage March 1, 2010 at 6:00 pm

…. and you were born and raised in a subtropical island where the people freak out and think they won’t survive when the weather gets below 10 degrees Celsius (50F).
Our ability to adapt to the environment is simply amazing!! Stay warm!
Nuage´s last blog… My ComLuv Profile

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com March 1, 2010 at 8:10 pm

These photos are fantastic!! I love the 2nd one the most.

Great job!!
Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com´s last blog…Yes, That Was Me Banging My Head Against the Wall My ComLuv Profile

JennyMac March 1, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Those pictures are gorgeous..even if they werent taken on a Sunday. :)

But oh, they made me COLD. lol.
JennyMac´s last blog…Skimmers My ComLuv Profile

Stephanie March 1, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Beautiful pictures! Doesn’t make me want to live anywhere near the snow but I definitely appreciate the beauty. I love the 2nd picture the best – with the blue sky peeking through…
Stephanie´s last blog…Thumbsucker My ComLuv Profile

Velva March 1, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Do you want to trade houses for a week? We could trade suburb. I am really good at picking things up as I move along the house too :-) You can trade in some of that snow for some sunshine in Florida. We will enjoy the snow, and you can lay on the patio, with a good book and a cranberry and vodka.
Velva´s last blog…Shrimp Couscous with Grilled Eggplant and Peppers My ComLuv Profile

shelle March 2, 2010 at 12:20 am

these are beautiful…glad you have joined us. Have a great week!

Diane March 2, 2010 at 10:27 am

I miss snow. All of you northerners ready to tear out your hair, be careful what you wish for. Florida is paradise, but I still miss snow. Beautiful pictures.

Absence Alternatives March 3, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Thank you so much for liking the pictures, for showing me your sympathy, and for making me feel better by saying that you miss snow. I can’t believe Velva is asking me to trade house with her. She lives in friggin’ Florida! But I’d rather be in your house when YOU are there, m’lady. I am lusting after your cooking, not the weather there. ;-)