We interrupt our regular Monday Morning program to tell you…

April 5, 2010

in mark my word: twitter will doom us all

The Fail Whale is Back!

So how are we expected to start our Monday morning when we come back to our dreary cubicles, we start reading our emails, we find so many things to share with the anonymous Interweb, and we are “all dressed up with nowhere to go”? (Well, some smartie pants whom I adore dearly came up with a list of 10 awesome things we could be doing when Twitter is down that is mired in self mockery. Yes we know we are ridiculous, 140 characters at a time).

Without Twitter as my soap box, my mega phone, my mountain top, I am ready to burst.

Monday mornings already suck ass as it is…

How am I going to complain about having to drag myself out of bed to work? Who do I tell about the Dilbert moments in my office? What do I do now that I don’t have the venue to share my wisdom, or just things that I read and find interesting? I am a closeted SHARER, goddamn it!

Twitter is down as confirmed by, ironically, tweets...

Well, let’s keep our fingers crossed that this outage will not last as long and as disastrous as the Fall of August 2009 which lasted for *Shudder* AN ENTIRE FRIGGIN’ MORNING!

In the mean time, I have found quite a few stopgap websites that help ease the panic by reminding me how ridiculous all this is.

Duly noted. But you know I am going to ignore you and the sarcasm as soon as Twitter is up and running again.

Kristen @ Motherese April 5, 2010 at 9:30 am

I laughed out loud at the idea of Twitter outage babies being born 9 months from now. The Twittersphere seems to be revived now. Hope you have survived the radio silence!
.-= Kristen @ Motherese´s last blog…School’s Out =-.

TheKitchenWitch April 5, 2010 at 9:54 am

I’m a Twitter-hater, so I couldn’t really relate, but I did giggle at Twitter Babies. :)
.-= TheKitchenWitch´s last blog…Hawaiian Vacation: Then and Now: Part I =-.

Amber April 5, 2010 at 10:04 am

What?? No Twitter?? I think the world is ending.
.-= Amber´s last blog…Easter With The Family =-.

Elly Lou April 5, 2010 at 10:40 am

I have an excuse to climb back under my comforter and ignore the internet then, right? I won’t miss anything? Awesome. Back to drooling.
.-= Elly Lou´s last blog…This Week’s Tweets =-.

WB April 5, 2010 at 11:34 am

What the hell is this shit! Strike! Strike!
.-= WB´s last blog…Tryin’ to Find Direction =-.

Jane April 5, 2010 at 11:44 am

Ok. I admit it. I don’t get Twitter. But I DID get the Twitter baby boom reference and THAT is hilarious!
.-= Jane´s last blog…Out Of Touch Mom Gets Lesson In Pop Teen Culture =-.

Michele April 5, 2010 at 11:55 am

I must admit, I’m not a big “twitterer”… I never know what to say, and I just don’t “get” it.
But this post cracked me up none the less!!!

naptimewriting April 5, 2010 at 12:17 pm

I *need* Twitter so I can live vicariously through the people who read and post links, people who have ideas, and people who make lame things funny. I can’t entertain myself, Twitter. Get of the whale and get going!
.-= naptimewriting´s last blog…Overheard =-.

Wicked Shawn April 5, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Honestly, that whale makes me want to throw things. Sometimes I actually have things to say. Things that simply must be shared with the world. Seriously.
.-= Wicked Shawn´s last blog…You Have No Idea =-.

Linda at Bar Mitzvahzilla April 5, 2010 at 10:31 pm

If I added one more piece of technology to my life (ahem – Twitter) I’d be done for. I can’t even imagine being more connected than I am now! I’ve already nearly destroyed my marriage – what else can I do? :)

My husband is officially jealous of the blog and my blog time. Soon we’ll be in counseling for techno reasons. Twitter? Can’t add it!

Unknown Mami April 5, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Twitter outage babies is hilarious!
.-= Unknown Mami´s last blog…I Comment Therefore I Am =-.

Diane April 6, 2010 at 5:42 am

So how do I follow you on Twitter?

subWOW April 6, 2010 at 7:54 am

Yeah! Here I am: @subWOW

Robin April 6, 2010 at 8:33 am

It’s my twitter and I’ll cry if I want to.
.-= Robin´s last blog…Who’s The Bitch? =-.

Jack April 6, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I sometimes think about disconnecting from everything. These outages sort of encourage that.
.-= Jack´s last blog…Festival Of The Fathers- A Blog Experience Part 5 =-.

Jen @ NathanRising April 7, 2010 at 12:40 pm

It seems like everyone has Twitter… I haven’t gotten into it yet. Mostly because I don’t know how I could possibly keep my tweeting to 140 characters or less, but also because it’s just something else for me to try to keep up with. However, as Nathan’s growing independence is giving me some extra time here and there, I’m going to start thinking about it.
-Jen
.-= Jen @ NathanRising´s last blog…Because It’s Hard To Be This Cute =-.

Falling April 7, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Um, “closeted” sharer? :)
.-= Falling´s last blog…In Case You Want a Reason To Scratch Out Your Own Eyes =-.

subWOW April 7, 2010 at 9:39 pm

LOL. FINE. You caught me. Absolutely not closeted sharer but confirmed TMIer!

secret agent woman April 9, 2010 at 4:31 pm

I don’t participate in Twitter so I’ll have to think of other things to get upset about.
.-= secret agent woman´s last blog…A random tale from the recent past. =-.