I am never taken seriously on the hardcore race/social justice discussion website Racialicious. But it is ok. I still visit often and once in a while cannot help but put in my $0.02 worth and continue to be ignored by the other commenters that are a lot more serious than I am… Because…

Unknown Mami

Oh yeah.

For the very serious discussion: “POLITICAL CORRECTNESS” IS A REACTIONARY TERM AGAINST THE LOSS OF PRIVILEGE I decided to lighten up the scene by interjecting (injecting) some humor in it:

I see the term “politically correct” or “politically incorrect” as the new “I am sorry but no offense” or the new “with all due respect”. It is mostly used with “quotation marks” and often accompanied by “wink wink”. I think from now on when somebody uses the term in the “quotation mark” way, we should combat it with Jazz Hands…

I thought that was a brilliant idea. No?

Dr. Evil - Abuser of Quotation Marks

Dr. Evil - Abuser of Quote Fingers

vs.

Possibly the most macho Jazz Hands you'll ever see

Possibly the most macho Jazz Hands you'll ever see

Seriously. I cannot be 100% serious at all times.

TheKitchenWitch December 14, 2009 at 8:13 am

I think this is genius and absolutely hilarious! Some people take themselves WAYYYYYY too seriously. Thanks for the laugh this morning.
.-= TheKitchenWitch´s last blog…The Cat Lady =-.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:02 pm

You are welcome! It’s nice to know I bring joy to the world.

mepsipax December 14, 2009 at 9:51 am

That is fucking genius. I use the quotes fingers (ewww that sounds dirty sorry the last blogger mentioned rape. You know what you don’t really need to know.) and shall switch to jazz hands. Hilarity will ensue. Ensue…
.-= mepsipax´s last blog…Feckin hell =-.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:04 pm

I can’t picture you with Jazz hands. Well, I can’t picture you. Period. Hmm. How about I picture you looking like James Dean doing Jazz Hands? I think that would be kind of funny, esp. if he does it while he’s on his motorcycle…

Robin December 14, 2009 at 12:08 pm

You are awesome!
.-= Robin´s last blog…The Creepiness of Santa =-.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Thank you. The title of your recent blog is very intriguing. I need to go check it out now.

Mama Zen December 14, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Now, that’s an excellent idea!
.-= Mama Zen´s last blog…Life: The Reality Show =-.

Jen @ NathanRising December 14, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Marvelous! Simply marvelous!
I’m getting my Jazz Hands ready… Time to combat the Quote Fingers.
Wink wink.
.-= Jen @ NathanRising´s last blog…A Cat’s Addiction =-.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Nooooo! You did not just give me the Palin wink!

“Wink Wink”

*Jazz hands*

Elly Lou December 14, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Excellent use of the Jets! You can’t forget the old Southern preface of “I just love [insert name of person about to be slandered] to pieces, but….”
.-= Elly Lou´s last blog…Intimidation =-.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:10 pm

I need to copy that one. You are like my supplier of new words and phrases. So far I also have Shartle. And I just discovered Toe-gina. Seriously, girl. Let me know when Oxford Dictionary called.

Jane December 14, 2009 at 4:48 pm

You never fail to make me laugh! But what I love even more is the fact that you make me laugh about something that is so true – something we should take a second look at and think about more seriously.
.-= Jane´s last blog…Seeing the Good or Seeing the Greed – It’s All a Matter of Choice =-.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Glad to help because you do not think enough! (THAT was said in a very sarcastic tone…) 😉

Diane December 14, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Well, that settles it. Jazz hands it is. Starting tomorrow.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:12 pm

The more the merrier. We are forming an online Chorus Line. :-)

Falling December 14, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Hee.

Where do you stand on the “point finger like gun and click your tongue in a ‘you got it’ kind of way” issue?

Oh. I guess that should read point finger like gun and click your tongue in a ‘you got it’ kind of way issue?
.-= Falling´s last blog… =-.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:17 pm

😉 Smartie.

I am fine as long as you are George Clooney and you are starring in an animated film directed by Wes Anderson.

pixielation December 14, 2009 at 8:57 pm

jazz hands get the finger from me too!
.-= pixielation´s last blog…I’m a legal alien, like a prawn. =-.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:21 pm

I was going to say, How can you not love Jazz Hands? Look at this one:

But then I came across this one, unfortunately, and *cough cough* yeah, I would give them the finger too…

UGH.

Unknown Mami December 14, 2009 at 11:34 pm

How can you not be taken seriously? Honestly, what is life, commentary, or anything without some humor. I appreciate your commentary and humor and I’ve been trying to find a way to incorporate jazz hands into my life.
.-= Unknown Mami´s last blog…I Comment Therefore I Am =-.

Absence Alternatives December 14, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Dear Mami, we share the love for Milan Kundera AND flan. What more can I say? I love your I Comment Therefore I Am feature. (Well, duh. LOL) Since I can’t stalk you in the cyber space, I appreciate being able to read the choice comments that you left all over the Interweb. :-)

peedee December 15, 2009 at 7:18 am

I’m so going to use Jazz hands in my next meeting at work. They take that work thing wayyyy to seriously. =0
.-= peedee´s last blog…The Boys, The Mall & Santa Claus =-.

Jessica December 15, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Yah…I’m way late but totally vote jazz hands.
.-= Jessica´s last blog…uhhh…thanks, mother nature. or gravity. one of those. =-.

Unknown Mami December 15, 2009 at 5:40 pm

I had to come back and say that maybe you are not taken seriously on the “hardcore” sites because you are not a hardbore.
.-= Unknown Mami´s last blog…Excuses =-.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com December 15, 2009 at 6:04 pm

“No offense” to anyone who doesn’t agree and “With all due Respect” to them…I think you are brilliant.
.-= Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com´s last blog…Homemade? Store Bought? Or Not. =-.

Absence Alternatives December 17, 2009 at 8:39 am

Jessica, Mami, and Nancy, thank you very much for the vote of confidence. There is a reason why I am so addicted to the Interweb. I am getting all my ego boost here that is sorely lacking in real life… 😉