“Bring Back Thanksgiving!” Number One, baby!

November 16, 2009

I know this is sad on so many different levels… Let’s not even talk about how sad it is that I got so excited over the fact that my “Bring Back Thanksgiving” post is, as of this second, the number one result on Google.

What got me really sad is that not enough people care, or even wonder, about the demise of, the neglect over Thanksgiving sandwiched between the TWO Retail-Friendly holidays. I will not name names. You know who you are, said holidays… Since that would explain why mine shows up on the very top.

But gloat I will, even just for 5 minutes. So…

Oh yeah, oh yeah. Who’s your daddy? Or rather, who’s your emotionally unstable mommy?!

Mind your manners Thanksgiving First Presents Second

Jennifer Lynn November 16, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Congratulations on this incredible, stellar, awesome, unbelievable achievement;)….we, your faithful followers, are proud! When do you put on the Turkey suit and go on a promotional tour?….need a pilgrim? :)
.-= Jennifer Lynn´s last blog…The bum on the corner =-.

Jane November 16, 2009 at 4:38 pm

I was just telling my husband about your post about bringing back Thanksgiving and we both saw a bumper sticker that said, “Put the Christ back in Christmas” and my husband said, “How about ‘Put Christmas back in December’?” Congrats to you and your #1 Google search! You rock!
.-= Jane´s last blog…Yep, I’m THAT Mom =-.

Merrilymarylee November 16, 2009 at 7:18 pm

AHA! Now you’re #1 and #2!!!! This one is #2, the original is #1. And you did it with a really good post.

You’re certainly no turkey!
.-= Merrilymarylee´s last blog…Watching Like a Hawk =-.

Jen @ NathanRising November 16, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Hey, it’s not sad… I’d be just as happy if my blog were the #1 search for something besides “cannibalization of the little guy.” Actually, I’m #2 for that search so I guess that doesn’t count…

-Jen

Diane November 16, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Aw, that is sweet! Congrats!

mrsblogalot November 17, 2009 at 6:10 am

Is anyone surprised??? “Not I” said the turkey!

My inner angry-turkey is flapping its wings in glee!!

xoxoxoxox Never fear, our love is solid !!!
.-= mrsblogalot´s last blog…Obsession thy name is Edward!!! =-.

Absence Alternatives November 17, 2009 at 6:50 am

M’ladies, thank you so much for sharing my joy in being Number 1 on google. I love saying that. I’m going to put it on my epitaph, “I was number 1 on google for keyword search – Bring Back Thanksgiving”.

Jane, your “Wrinkled Boobs” still top the chart on google. LOL

Jen, I LOVE “cannibalization of the little guy”. And it is so true: babies do try to eat their own toes.

Mrs. B, YES! I can see you glittering over there!

Robin November 17, 2009 at 9:04 am

Gloat until the goats come home my dear.
.-= Robin´s last blog…Where Things Could Go Wrong =-.

Absence Alternatives November 17, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Thanks I did! 😉

Falling November 17, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Hee hee! Excellent! Now we just need to get you on Oprah, and the premature holiday world will be at your feet!

Also, a friend of mine posted this on Facebook today and it made me think of you and this post: attention mall: it is fucking not christmas time yet. adjust your fucking radio please. #ihatethegaddamnedmall

(ooh, and with the F-bombs in that comment, maybe we can get your rating beyond PG!)
.-= Falling´s last blog…Why This Post is Lame =-.

Absence Alternatives November 18, 2009 at 6:28 am

Thank you!

Thank you, and your friend!!

THANK YOU! The more the merrier.

alejna November 17, 2009 at 11:32 pm

That’s great! You should totally put that on your resume.

Myself, I’m proud of being number one for “there’s a duck in the dishwasher.” Not that anyone but me ever searches for that.
.-= alejna´s last blog…and furthermore =-.

Absence Alternatives November 18, 2009 at 6:31 am

“there’s a duck in the dishwasher” Love it! Do you know the game called googlewhacking? This term just did it! It shows only TWO results: yours and some other guy’s. If we hack this other guy’s website and bring it down, you’d be the sole winner in this game! *evil laughter*