Bohemian Rhapsody. The Muppets Style. You complete me.

November 24, 2009

in random

Laugh all you want. But my one favorite song, if I have to pick, is seriously Bohemian Rhapsody. I am a walking cliche, I know. I can listen to it over and over again all day long. Thanks to the invention of the Internet (Thank you, Al Gore! <– This is a repetitive trope here), I can now watch and listen to all different renditions of this song.

On this Thanksgiving, I AM THANKFUL FOR YOUTUBE, despite the existence of Charlie the Unicorn

My favorite has been the performance in 2003 by UC Men’s Octet. Yup. Bohemian Rhapsody a cappella. How awesome is that? (You can see the video of this oldie but still goodie at the end of this post).

Now the Muppet Studio just posted on YouTube on November 23, yup, that’s yesterday, the HD version of the Muppets gang doing Bohemian Rhapsody. How awesome is THAT?!

Note to Self: Need to find a different word than “awesome” to describe things that excite me lest I be mistaken for a high school gal… On the other hand, it may be a sign of my ultimate Americanness... Awesome.

I had to do a Stop the Presses! thing and bring this to you right away, my imaginary friends. Enjoy.

Miranda November 24, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Okay I love Bohemian Rhapsody anyway, but I’ve never seen the Muppet’s rendition, and thank you. I LOVE IT! Animal’s part was my favorite!
.-= Miranda´s last blog…Thank You Little Einsteins and I hate You! =-.

Absence Alternatives November 25, 2009 at 9:55 am

You are welcome. It was posted on 11/23, and on the same day, it became the hottest Internet meme. Unbelievable!

Elly Lou November 24, 2009 at 3:27 pm

If I was Bella, Rowlf the Dog would be my Edward…even if he does look more like Jacob. Aw hell you get the point.
.-= Elly Lou´s last blog…All Systems Go =-.

Absence Alternatives November 25, 2009 at 9:56 am

Though I’ve never read the book nor the movie, I DO get your point. LOL. So are you getting a truck? And congratulations on the good news! Here’s to you and your loved ones: a very happy Thanksgiving indeed!!

Elly Lou November 25, 2009 at 10:06 am

A truck would be hysterical. I can just see me shoo-ing the homeless guys out of the truck bed every time I tried to haul something. Thanks oodles for the well wishes! Big cartoon hearts to you and yours, also.
.-= Elly Lou´s last blog…All Systems Go =-.

Velva November 24, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I think you should have the Bohemian Rhapsody as done by the Muppets as background music for your Thanksgiving dinner.

P.S. How many vodka and cranberry cocktails over the sink is it going to take to get through Thanksgiving dinner ? :-)
.-= Velva´s last blog…Cheaper by the Dozen =-.

Absence Alternatives November 25, 2009 at 9:58 am

PIL will be here, so I need to be on my best behavior. 😉 My MIL does most of the cooking and cleaning for me so that is going to be very nice.

mrsblogalot November 24, 2009 at 3:57 pm

I loved them both!!!!! Awesome!!!!….sorry I drank the Kool-Aid also
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxox!!!Ha! (-: Melyssa
.-= mrsblogalot´s last blog…Eyes on Your Own Paper Mister! =-.

Absence Alternatives November 25, 2009 at 9:58 am

AWESOME!!!

TheKitchenWitch November 24, 2009 at 4:13 pm

I am a dorkwad and totally dig a capella music!!! And now I’m thrashing my head like Garth and Wayne…
.-= TheKitchenWitch´s last blog…Family Recipe: Creamed Potatoes =-.

Absence Alternatives November 25, 2009 at 9:59 am

Oh yeah. I forgot about the Wayne’s World rendition… How did I forget about that?!

pixielation November 24, 2009 at 5:08 pm

I totally TOTALLY love that clip. It’s now my all time favourite, then I spent another 2 hours watching everything else there. I’ve been a muppet fan all my life, and got the DVDs when they came out because THAT completes ME.
.-= pixielation´s last blog…Apparently I write about people =-.

Absence Alternatives November 25, 2009 at 9:59 am

Wow. This is like me hooking you up with a dealer… Sorry about that! 😉 Thanks for visiting my blog too!

Falling November 24, 2009 at 10:32 pm

In my world, there are two kinds of people: those who love the Muppets and People I Just Don’t Get. Thanks for sharing. I am a huge Muppet geek, and have spent many an hour scouring YouTube for Muppet clips, but I tend to go all old school and look for stuff from the show. I had no idea they were putting new stuff out there. Guess what’s getting sent to my sister later tonight?
.-= Falling´s last blog…If You Drink At Every Parenthetical in this Post, You Probably Should Not Drive =-.

Absence Alternatives November 25, 2009 at 10:00 am

Remember to sign: Love, Greg. Also, may as well tell her that this is courtesy of Greg. (Sorry. Do tell us when the joke gets old…)

Andrea November 25, 2009 at 5:12 am

Now that song will be stuck in my head ALL DAY, haha! “Awesome” is Americanese, I suppose, but when I was in middle school, for some reason we all said “awes” instead. We shortened “awesome” because we said it so much. :) Ridiculous.
.-= Andrea´s last blog…"Welcome to the jungle" =-.

Absence Alternatives November 25, 2009 at 10:00 am

AWES!!!

Amanda November 25, 2009 at 8:12 am

Hey, your blog is fixed! I bet those singing dudes totally got laid after that performance.

Or, maybe not…
.-= Amanda´s last blog…A Giveaway! Yes, You’re In The Right Place =-.

Absence Alternatives November 25, 2009 at 10:12 am

Yes. I am back. Unfortunately for all involved…