Dear God, it’s me, not Margaret, but before I die, may I please go to Bora Bora?

September 22, 2009

Seriously, I have promised myself that I will finish this white paper I am working on before I do anything else.  Except breathe.  And drink a lot of water which is good for you.  And then of course, pee.  And I have been working really hard, until I had to search for a research paper online and I came across this picture, completely by accident, of Le Meridien Bora Bora…

le-meridien-Bora Bora

It, how did you say it, oh yeah,

Simply. Took. My. Breath. Away.

I couldn’t go back to do whatever I was doing until I spent some time daydreaming about it…

I love hotels.  I think my love for travelling, my Wanderlust, stemmed from my very basic fascination with hotels from a very young age.  (Ok, the clean, fancy kind.  Or at least, the not spooky gross-out kind.  Not the ones looking like they are from the movie Barton Fink, oh no…)  My mom worked as a hotel maid and she sneaked me into the hotel when she couldn’t find or afford a babysitter.  Sometimes, after I begged her to smuggle me in.  Literally.  Many times I rode on the bottom of the service cart, camouflaged by a bed linen.  I was always excited.  Hotels to me are where dreams are made of.  Clean, fluffy linens and pillows.  Nicely made beds.

(Of course I understand the hard work put in by the hotel cleaning staff.  Until this day, I clean up after myself as much as I can whenever I stay in a hotel…)

I don’t even care about Bora Bora.  No offence to people who are Bora Bora-nese? Bora Bora-en?  I am sure it is a gorgeous tropical paradise, Kodak moment everywhere you turn.  What I am trying to say is: I just want to go there so I can stay in one of these bungalows, over the lagoon, before I die.

That’s all I’ve got to say.

Le Meridian Bora Bora inside

Le Meridian Bora Bora view

le-meridien-Bora Bora units

Edited to add, now that I have 5 minutes to regroup from my initial shock: Preferably without kids. Thank you.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com September 22, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I stayed at the Hotel Bora Bora……I think it’s under renovation now. It looks like the pictures you posted. I’d sell my right arm to go back (I’m a lefty).
.-= Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com´s last blog ..Hard Labor =-.

Absence Alternatives September 22, 2009 at 6:47 pm

@ Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com
Really? Now I’m worried since you don’t love it enough to give up your left arm. 😉 (My youngest is a lefty too!) Please please please tell me it is just amazing in real life as the pictures show… I have been thinking, dreaming, about this place. Then I realized: if I have to bring my kids with me, I may as well stay home and lock up in my own bedroom… LOL.

Jane September 22, 2009 at 7:43 pm

These are absolutely the most relaxing pictures I’ve ever seen. I’m just going to stay here awhile, if you don’t mind, and decompress. Ahhhhhh…..
.-= Jane´s last blog ..Tunes for Tuesday – Without You (Rent) =-.

Robin September 23, 2009 at 6:29 am

I just died a little inside because I am not right there right now but instead in my cubicle with no windows.
.-= Robin´s last blog ..Unfriend-A-Bitch =-.

Jennifer September 23, 2009 at 8:31 am

Can I go now, please?? Holy cow, its heaven.
.-= Jennifer´s last blog ..House and stuff =-.

Absence Alternatives September 24, 2009 at 8:28 am

@ Jane
Jane, we will each take a bungalow. You are welcome to stay inside yours as long as you want to. :-)

Absence Alternatives September 24, 2009 at 8:28 am

@ Jane
Forgot about the sinister smiley. I meant to use this one: 😉

Absence Alternatives September 24, 2009 at 8:29 am

@ Robin
LOL. Me too, Grasshopper, me too…

Absence Alternatives September 24, 2009 at 8:30 am

@ Jennifer
Jennifer, please feel free to take one of the bungalows. We will all go. 😉